It is our mission to provide increasing levels of quality pricing, transparency and execution services so that we can aim to provide you the best trading experience. We are committed to execution quality and transparency.
FXCM’s goal is to provide you with tight spreads to enhance your trading experience and reduce your overall trading costs. We take pride in providing you with tight, executable spreads during peak trading times when it matters to you the most. In Quarter 3 of 2017, in our Standard No Dealing Desk Account type, EUR/USD and USD/JPY each had an average spread of 0.2 and 0.2 pips respectively and a trading cost of £0.07 and £0.07 during peak hours: 75% of EUR/USD and 67% of USD/JPY volume occurred during peak hours. For the GER30, one of the most widely traded instruments in Europe, we averaged 0.89 during the most active trading hours.
FXCM’s goal is to provide you with tight spreads. Most importantly it is to provide you with tight, executable spreads during peak trading times.
With FXCM forex execution models you can potentially receive price improvements on all orders as all orders fill with FXCM’s best available price.
- 60.72% of all orders had NO SLIPPAGE.
- 28.37% of all orders received positive slippage.
- 10.91% of all orders received negative slippage.
- 63.55% of all limit and limit entry orders received positive slippage.
- 40.18% of all stop and stop entry orders received negative slippage.
FXCM LTD was equal to or better than the quoted futures price 81.34% of the time compared to the spot equivalent quoted futures prices on the CME leading to potential savings of $42,529,156 for FXCM LTD clients.
FXCM LTD was equal to or better than the quoted Interbank market price 94.84% of the time compared to the spot equivalent quoted Interbank market price leading to potential savings of $114,588,455 for FXCM LTD clients.
For more details on FXCM’s Execution Study and to download the full report, click here.
FXCM has completed a study that examined the quality of execution for FXCM LTD client orders versus the three largest FX trading venues globally, venues widely considered to represent the benchmark for reliable FX pricing. We wanted to explain why FXCM's pricing is better for retail clients. The results of this study show FXCM LTD retail client order prices to be better than the Futures Market and Interbank Market prices for FX. This study covers the period from October 1, 2014 to March 31, 2016.
- The Standard account offers ECN-style low commission pricing through FXCM's No Dealing Desk execution model. Trades have access to 39 currency pairs on 100:1 leverage and 22 CFDs on 200:1 leverage
- The Mini account is ideal for new traders with all trading costs within the spreads. Traders have access to 18 currency pairs on up to 400:1 leverage and 22 CFDs on 200:1 leverage. In the event that equity surpasses 20,000, the Mini account will be switched to a Standard account.
- The Spread Bet accounts are available exclusively to UK and Ireland residents. Spread Betting is an option on both Mini and Standard account types. However please note that Spread Bet accounts will always be set to all-inclusive spreads pricing regardless of account type. In the event that equity surpasses 20,000, the Mini account will be switched to a Standard account.
Jefferies: FXCM uses Jefferies Financial Services Inc (JFSI) as a prime broker for FX trading and as a price source for FX trading. FXCM pays JFSI a prime broker fee for the prime broker services. Leucadia National Corporation is a common owner of both FXCM and JFSI.
FastMatch: FXCM may obtain pricing and liquidity from the FastMatch aggregation platform for spot FX and metals. In May 2017, FXCM entered into an agreement to sell its equity interest in FastMatch Inc. The transaction closed in August 2017. FXCM is now entitled to a future potential payment based on the overall volume traded by all participants on the FastMatch platform. Thus, the volume that FXCM executes via the FastMatch platform until approximately June 2018, will contribute to the overall volume traded on the FastMatch platform and may potentially generate a payment for FXCM. As of August 1st, 2017, FXCM’s trading volume does not make up a significant portion of the overall volume traded by all participants on the FastMatch platform. As with all of FXCM’s price and liquidity sources, FastMatch is evaluated in accordance with FXCM’s Best Execution standards.